Saturday, May 16, 2009

:::: a dream is a wish your heart makes

- I wish I was on a plane to Paris
- I wish I had even an ounce of the vocal talent needed to win American Idol
- I wish I could concoct an Asiago Cheese bagel with extra cream cheese---that had no calories
- I wish I lived in a place where it was rarely cold
- I wish I had already applied to be a camp counselor again this year
- I wish I could somehow avoid the 4 1/2 car ride to Traverse City this morning:: (beam me up, Scottie?)
- I wish I could figure out an ingenious way to store my monthly supply of magazines
- I wish I had the new "mypressi"::: mini, portable espresso machine
- I wish I already knew how to knit
- I wish I knew more about photography

"make a wish" -- taken May 15, 2009

As I'm packing my bags, checking my lists and guzzling my second morning cup of joe, I am thinking about these wishes.

At this moment in my life, I am undeniably happy. But aren't there always just a few things, both tangible and impossible, that we occasionally let our minds wander to? I love thinking about wishes. hopes. dreams. If not for them, I wouldn't be where I am today. My life is a direct result of a dream. of a desire.
And that realization makes me so thrilled for the future. I have so many things I want to accomplish. experience. It's exhilarating to think that there is so much to see and do in this world. so much that God has planned for me.
It could be overwhelming, but it's what gets me up in the morning. It's what keeps me positive and excited for life. The knowledge that each day could hold the fulfillment of a wish. the attainment of a dream---frankly, its awesome.

I am completely satisfied with never being completely satisfied. I am content to always have my reach exceeding my grasp. It's not that I am unfulfilled. It's simply that I want to walk on every avenue of fulfillment. I never want to settle, even for happiness. Because I always have another dream---even if it's something small. minor. something that might be invisible to anyone else. I want to attain it. perfect it.

I once heard that :::

the most dangerous enemy of great, is good


How true that statement is. Often times, when we get to "good", we stop. stop dreaming. stop doing. because we think we have enough. and perhaps we do. We might have enough to get by and be happy. But imagine how much MORE we could have if we kept on reaching...

And I'm not talking about possessions. things. titles. money.

I'm talking about love. experience. joy. giving. talents. passions. creations.

Today, pick a wish. a dream. a hope. and think of all the ways you might be able to make that a reality. Then do something to get the ball rolling.

Personally, I'm going to get to work on that calorie free bagel :)

2 comments:

  1. "Within your heart, keep one still, secret spot where dreams may go." -Louise Driscoll
    One of my favorite quotes and said so eloquently by you! Another beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' the wish list! I think I need to make one of my own :)

    ReplyDelete

lovelovelove.